Stone Brewing is officially coming to Richmond! We went to the announcement and learned some stuff:
1. The governor really likes (stone) beer
The Governor made more than one reference to the fact that the recruiting effort involved sampling the goods.
2. Stone is bringing money and jobs
Stone is investing $74 million and will bring at least 288 jobs. They will hire locally.
3. Stone wants to make Virginia a hops powerhouse.
Stone will partner with state universities to make Virginia a primary source for hops.
4. Governor McAuliffe has adorable dogs
This is one of them.
5. We're the right choice
Stone Founder Steve Wagner said "I have this feeling in my heart, we made the right choice." We couldn't agree more.
6. The Governor is drinking more beer
McAuliffe lifted a glass of our new neighbors' beer and said "somebody has to do it," before adjourning to the mansion for a party with, you guessed it, even more stone beer.
7. We're terrible at keeping secrets
Mayor Jones and Governor McAuliffe made a few jokes about Stone being the worst kept secret in Richmond. We were excited.
8. Stone made this awesome video about their decision