The Richmond Region is the capital of romance for Valentine’s Day lovers looking for a date of their dreams. Whether you’re a traditional wine-and-dine romantic, or you and your honey like to spend the day trying something new, RVA is the destination to make your fantasies come true. Not in the mood for love? We’ve got itinerary ideas for singles, friends, and family too.
Daytime Date Ideas
- Bring your valentine to the Valentine Museum to jump back in time through centuries of Richmond history.
- Meet up with another fun-loving couple for a downtown double date at Hotel Greene’s High Falutin’ Golf course, 13 holes with in-game cocktails.
- Grab a pint by a fire at one of 30+ breweries across the region, such as the award-winning Center of the Universe Brewing Co. in Ashland.
(Photo Credit: @lewisginter via Instagram)
- Spend the day exploring the beautiful scenery during a romantic outing at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Stroll through their 50 acres of spectacular hidden paths and blooming gardens offering year-round beauty, then continue your date with a bite to eat at their on-site café.
- Then splurge on a private heated lakeside lounge tent at Jolene Family Winery for an intimate toast for two.
- Round out Cupid’s favorite day with a thrilling adventure at Carytown’s new Reveler Experiences, an escape room/improv theater experience that’s different with every visit.
Romantic Hotel Stays
- February is a lovely time to stay at the Quirk Hotel. Well known for its iconic pink decor throughout, this boutique hotel is in the perfect location for exploring Richmond’s art galleries within walking distance of your home away from home.
- If you’re a traditional romantic, book a stay at the historic Jefferson Hotel and indulge in their classic Champagne Sunday Brunch.
- For a more intimate stay, take your honey to Glen Allen’s Virginia Cliffe Inn for a private room with a balcony and a southern style breakfast.
Show Yourself Some Love
- There’s no shortage of solo or friendship trips to take for V-day. Looking to celebrate yourself with some much-needed self-care? Check out these RVA wellness spaces to pamper, relax and unwind solo this Valentine's Day.
Looking for More Events & Activities?
Check out our Events page to explore more ways to love the Richmond Region.