Carl PatowVisit Website
- Presented By: Time and Light Laboratories
- Dates: October 6, 2023 - October 28, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Location: Artspace
- Address: 2833-A Hathaway Road, Apt, Suite, Bldg. (optional)
- Phone: (804) 232-6464
- Time: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Price: Free and open to the public
Artspace RVA to open new exhibitions from October 6 to 28, 2023
Exhibit includes a special one-day show of antique Model A cars on Saturday, Oct 7
Opening Reception slated for Oct. 6 from 6 - 9 p.m.
Artist talks scheduled Saturday Oct. 7 at 2 p.m.
• On exhibit in the Main gallery :
• North Carolina-based artist Jessica “J.B.” Burke’s Sweet Narratives of Peril, an exhibition of perceptual drawing expressing the language of excess and consequence
• Richmond artist Elizabeth Coffey’s Vivid Dream, an exhibition of mixed media paintings exploring the tension between the seen and the unseen, and its relevance to female identity
• Paintings in Auto-Motifs, a joint exhibition by Artspace member artists Lisa Lezell Levine and Richelle Kaufman Anderson offering new approaches to antique classic cars. Members of the Old Dominion Model A Ford Club will drive their Model A’s to the Artist’s Talk on Saturday, October 7
• Group exhibition of artwork by Artspace Artist Members featuring works in a variety of styles and media
• Spotlight Exhibitions in the Elisabeth Flynn-Chapman Gallery showcase work by Artspace member artists in a variety of styles and media:
• S. “Sandy” Nye-Moran’s series, Watercolor: Not Just a Pretty
• Photographer Carl Patow’s digital exploration of the art of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts in What I Saw at the Museum
• Ed Tepper’s mixed media in Encaustic Pictorialism which combines photography and encaustic media
About Artspace: A nonprofit and artist-run organization of experienced professionals as well as emerging artists who work in a variety of mediums including clay, encaustic, interactive installations, mixed media, painting, photography, printmaking and more.