FREE admission to the Garden on this day includes exhibits including Wind, Waves and Light and M&T Bank Butterflies LIVE!, live music, a parade, and more. Cool off in WaterPlay! This event is sponsored by CarMax. (Rain or shine).
Free admission all day 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. This is a daytime event only; no fireworks. Open RAIN or SHINE.
Celebrate CarMax Free Fourth of July by enjoying the gardens, Butterflies LIVE! Wear red, white and blue and bring your wagons and strollers to decorate for a parade in the Children’s Garden. Children can also cool off in WaterPlay.
1 – 4 p.m.: Live music in the Children’s Garden
2 p.m.: Parade around the Children’s Garden
The Garden will have water stations at key locations and the Library will be open 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. — a great place to rest and cool off!
On July 4th, the Historic Bloemendaal House will be open from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. staffed with Garden Guides for informal tours. Originally opened as the Lakeside Wheel Club by Lewis Ginter in the late 1800s, the building has a fascinating history. Stop by and learn more about its evolution!
JULY 4 WILL BE A BUSY DAY AT THE GARDEN; BELOW ARE 5 IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. What to Bring: prepare for a warm day! Bring water bottles & sunscreen; wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Lawn chairs and blankets are allowed.
2. What Not to Bring: Please do not bring outside food into the Garden. The Garden Cafe will be open with both indoor and outdoor dining and there are vending machines in the Children’s Garden. Please also do not bring sporting equipment such as Frisbees, bicycles, etc. into the Garden; learn more guidelines for a great visit
3. Parking: Carpool if you can! Parking is limited and once lots are full, the Garden will close gates temporarily. Gates will re-open once space becomes available. We appreciate your patience; our security staff works hard to ensure everyone’s safety. If parking off-site, please be considerate of our neighbors and do not block driveways.
4. WaterPlay: We have sprinklers in WaterPlay, it’s a great way for kids to cool off.
5. Plan Your Visit: Many people head to the Butterflies LIVE! exhibit first. Please be aware the Butterflies Live! line will close at 3:30 p.m. so that we may get guests through the exhibit by our 5 p.m. closing time. Here’s more info for planning your Garden visit, including accessibility. We’ll have extra Garden staff and volunteers working July 4, so look for us — we’re here to help!