City Center Walks
- 405 N. 3rd Street, Richmond, VA 23219
- Dates: June 1, 2018 - September 28, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Venue: Richmond Visitor Center
- Phone: (804) 649-0711
- Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Price: $15 per person. $5 for Valentine Members and Children
- Visit Website
- Send E-Mail
Discover Richmond history from its beginnings to present day, exploring the sites and stories that shaped the River City! From Thomas Jefferson’s State Capitol to Civil Rights Activist Barbara Johns and the city’s growing foodie culture, we’ll go beyond the highlights, uncovering stories and the best kept secrets of locals.
Visit Jackson Ward, the Broad Street historic shopping district, the Virginia Capitol Square, the Valentine Museum and more. Includes an exclusive look inside historic Monumental Church!
Price: $15 Adult, $5 Child, $5 Valentine members, includes admission to the Valentine!
Length: 2 hours
Meeting place: Tours begin at the Richmond Visitor Center at 405 North 3rd Street and end at the Valentine, 1015 East Clay Street.
Parking: Complimentary parking is available at the Greater Richmond Convention Center parking deck on 3rd Street between East Broad and East Marshall streets.
- Advanced tickets are strongly encouraged. Space is limited.
- Valentine walking tours are typically between 1-2 miles in length. We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring water.
- Accessibility- People of all abilities are encouraged to join us for tours. If you have accessibility challenges or need accommodation, please let us know in advance.
- Tours are held rain or shine. However, in extreme weather a tour may be cancelled. Call 804-649-0711 x 301 to verify the tour will take place.
City Center Walks are made possible through a generous Partnership with Richmond Region Tourism. Monumental Church is presented in partnership with the Historic Richmond Foundation.