Civil War Reenactment "The Action at Wilson's Wharf"
- 13150 Sturgeon Point Road, Charles City, VA 23030
- Dates: June 2, 2018 - June 2, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring every 2 days
- Venue: Fort Pocahontas
- Phone: (804) 829-9722
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $10 for adults, $8 for students/children, Free for Charles City County residents who present ID
- Visit Website
- Send E-Mail
On Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3, 2018, Fort Pocahontas will come alive through Civil War living history and battle reenactments of the May 24, 1864 Action at Wilson’s Wharf. Located between Richmond and Williamsburg on the James River, the fort will be open from 10am-4pm on Saturday and 10am-2pm on Sunday.
Battles will commence at 12:30 p.m. Other highlights include a unique opportunity to witness the firing of an 1841 8-inch mortar and a meet-and-greet with mounted cavalry. Spectators are invited to take self-guided tours of the well-preserved fort and the camps within. Family-friendly living history activities will include a scavenger hunt, military recruiting and drilling, and sutlers selling reproductions of Civil War-era merchandise and clothing.