St. John’s Church Foundation and the Poe Museum Present Fancy Me Mad, our fall event honoring the spirits of the season, All Hallow’s Eve, as well as master storyteller, Edgar Allan Poe. Please join us for a ghostly Graveyard tour, followed by tales from Mr. Poe himself. Refreshments available!
An evening of fright — for you! if you dare;
For spirits come alive, and welcome you here.
When the gates swing wide, and you enter in,
These ghosts will confess… Buyer Beware!
The spirits expected to appear include Eliza Poe, the mother of Edgar Allan Poe; George Wythe and his murderous nephew; Benedict Arnold; A Confederate Soldier; a victim of the 1811 Theatre Fire, and many more! There will be 2 seatings of Poe's story-telling in the church.
- 5:30 pm – Gates to the Graveyard open; spirits appear
- 6:00 pm – 1st Poe show: Church doors open and music begins – seating is first come, first served basis
- 6:15 pm - 1st show begins
- 7:00 pm – 2nd Poe show: Church doors open and music begins – seating is first come, first served basis
- 7:15 pm - 2nd show begins
- Visitor Center open for shopping