Halloween History on Hanover WalkingTour
- Hanover Avenue and Strawberry Street, Richmond, VA 23220
- Dates: October 28, 2017 - October 29, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Venue: Hanover Avenue and Strawberry Street
- Phone: (804) 649-0711
- Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Price: $15 per person. $5 for Valentine Members and children underage of 12and under age.
- Visit Website
- Send E-Mail
Modern Halloween boasts costumes, decorations and candy; yet, its origins lie in an ancient Celtic holiday and in Catholic All Hallows' celebrations. Learn how the history evolved from early colonial practices and "play parties" held after the American Revolution, and how the immigrants in the mid-1800s influenced the way Richmonders celebrate in the 21st century. Meet at Hanover Avenue and Strawberry Street.
$15 per person
$5 for Valentine Members
Cash or check.
On street parking.
This tour is presented as part of the Richmond History Tours program, a service of the Valentine. We offer a full schedule of walking and bus tours of city neighborhoods, waterways, parks, retail districts, historic sites and battlefields. Led by a master guide, a Richmond History Tour is the best way to experience the city's rich past, present and future.