In the Beginning… Virginia, Along the Trail of Enslaved AfricansVisit Website
- Presented By: Elegba Folklore Society’s Cultural Center
- Dates: May 14, 2022 - November 12, 2022
- Recurrence: Recurring monthly on the 2nd Saturday
- Location: Elegba Folklore Society’s Cultural Center
- Address: 101 East Broad Street
- Phone: (804) 644-3900
- Time: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Price: $15 fir Adults; $7.50 for Children 12 and Under
Journey into Richmond’s history to visit the sites where few monuments exist. These newly marked sites tell the other half of the story; the story that lives between the pages of history books — in red, white and black. An interactive experience along the Trail of Enslaved Africans, attendees have the chance to ponder the impact of enslavement on the enslaved as shared in their own words and from their own view.
We invite participants in this program to gather at Elegba Folklore Society’s Cultural Center where the tour starts. Then we will board a bus to visit the sites along the trail. There will be some walking and some riding. Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a bottle of water. Groups are welcome by reservation.
***Please visit the ticket link for available tour dates.***
Past tour participant comments:
“Wonderful! Everyone should have this experience at least once, if not more.”
“Transformative learning experience.”
“This is a must visit program. Thanks for your work and thoroughness.”