Incanto: An Oasis of Lyrical SculptureVisit Website
- Dates: April 29, 2023 - October 29, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Location: Richmond
- Address: 1800 Lakeside Avenue
- Phone: (804) 262-9887
- Time: Open Daily: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. May 3-Oct. 28: Wed.-Sat. open until 9 p.m.
- Price: Regular Garden Admission
April 29-October 29, 2023 (Members-Only Preview: April 28) Included with Garden admission Incanto is a journey through a sculptural, epic poem embraced by nature. Five intricately designed, allegorical sculptures are accompanied by poetry, inviting you on a journey of self-discovery and connection with others and the natural world. This is the premiere exhibition of New York City-based artists Kate Raudenbush and Sha Michele in a friendship born from the legendary Burning Man community. Each piece has been specially created in dialogue with Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden’s landscape.
- Evening Hours: Dramatically lit from within, the Incanto sculptures offer multi-sensory experiences inviting further exploration at night. The Garden has evening hours May 3-Oct. 28; Wednesdays through Saturdays; until 9 p.m. Food will be available for purchase on these evenings.
- Gallery 5 at the Garden: on the second Friday evening of each month (May-September), the Garden collaborates with Gallery 5 and other community partners on programming related to the Incanto exhibit.