Scotchtown's Annual Fiber FestivalVisit Website
- Presented By: Patrick Henry's Scotchtown Museum
- Dates: April 22, 2023
- Location: Patrick Henry's Scotchtown
- Address: Patrick Henry's Scotchtown 16120 Chiswell Lane
- Phone: (804) 227-3500
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 AM
- Price: $10-15 per person, Childre under 6 are free
Bring your family and join us as we celebrate spring with sheep shearing and fiber production at Scotchtown!
Sheep shearer Dave from Delly’s Delights Farms will be here shearing sheep and answering all your questions about our sheep, the process of shearing, and the important role of preparing the fleece for dyeing and spinning. Members from Clothos Handspinners guild, an educational non-profit organization located in Richmond, Virginia, will be on-site demonstrating the process of wool and flax production including carding, spinning, weaving and dyeing.
* Antique carriage and wagon display
* RMC Archaeology Active Dig
* Sheepdog herding demonstrations
* Open House Tours
* Children’s activities area
* Demonstrations in the hearth kitchen featuring our spring garden
* Over 40 local crafters, vendors and community organizations
* Food trucks and much, much more!