Edgar Allan Poe Museum
The Enchanted Garden was designed in 1921 as Virginia's first monument to a writer and its layout was taken directly from Poe's poem "To One in Paradise." Look for plants mentioned in his literary works among a pergola, walls, paths, and benches created from materials salvaged from buildings where Poe lived or worked. Garden secret: The ivy came from Poe's mother's grave in St. John's Church.
- Attraction Fee: Adults $8.00, Seniors $6.00, Youth (age 7-17) $6.00, AAA Members $6.00
- Attraction Hours: 10-5 Tuesday-Saturday; 11-5 Sunday. Closed Monday.
- Distance to Airport: 7 miles
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Hours (General Information): 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday
- Maximum Group Size: 100
- Motorcoach Group Friendly:
- Meeting Rooms:
- Number of Parking Spaces: 12
- Total Seating Capacity Outdoors: 250
Student Performance Venue
- Do you require an audition tape?:
- Does a group need to apply for a performance?:
- If yes, do you have a form you send out?: