The John Marshall House has received the VisitAble Advocate certification. When you see a location or organization with our Advocate certification, you can be assured that the location or organization has been trained on how to best serve its visitors with disabilities. Specifically, 80% of frontline and decision-making staff have been trained and new employees are trained as they are onboarded. Our Advocate Certification does not indicate any level of accessibility, but rather that a location or organization is making strides to become more inclusive to visitors of all abilities. For more information visit VisitAble.org Advocate Certification.
Safety and Social Protocols
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- No Contact Services:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Health Related Staff Training:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Attraction Fee: Preservation Virginia Members: Free, General Admission: $10, AAA Adults, Military and Senior Citizens (60+): $9, Students: $7, Children 6 and under: Free. Groups of ten or more are charged at a rate of $7 per adult and $6 per youth. Group tours are available at any time by arrangements made no less than one week in advance of the visit. The minimum charge for groups on non-scheduled open days is $100.
- Hours (General Information): The John Marshall House is open for tours March through December on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. The house is open by appointment only for the months of January and February.
- Motorcoach Group Friendly: