< Back

Bellwood House at Defense Supply Center Richmond

  • 8000 Jefferson Davis Highway Chesterfield, VA 23297
  • P. (804) 279-3139
  • Visit Website

The Bellwood House was built between 1797 and 1804 as the manor house for the plantation where the present-day Defense Supply Center Richmond is now located in Chesterfield County. When the U.S. Army purchased the property in 1941, the house was turned into an officers' club, however, the structure still retains much of its original architecture. The house is on the Department of Interior list for historic places and is a registered historic landmark in Virginia and Chesterfield County.