Blue Bee Cider
Virginia's first urban cidery, Blue Bee Cider is located in the historic Scott's Addition district of RVA. Blue Bee Cider produces seasonal artisanal ciders, pressing apples when they are ripe in the fall, fermenting them over the winter and bottling them for sale in the spring. The name for Blue Bee Cider is derived from a common name for one of Virginia's native bees, osmia lignaria, or the blue orchard bee. These hardworking bees are solitary and wild, emerging early in the cool spring just in time to pollinate cider apple blossoms. Tasting Room Open: 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mon. - Fri., 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sat. and 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sun.
- Parking Fee Information: Free
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Motorcoach Group Friendly:
- Pet Friendly:
- Attraction Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Mon.-Wed.; Noon-7 p.m. Thurs.-Sun.
- Maximum Group Size: 20
- Description The cidery's tasting room at Blue Bee Cider is perfect for small receptions and meetings. The tasting room is open, minimalist and modern inside an historic industrial industrial space. The parking area is part of the premises and can be transformed into additional event space if desired.
- Total Sq. Ft. 500
- Reception Capacity 30
- Space Notes There is one unisex restroom on site.
- Number of Rooms 1