In operation since 1947, this popular business sells vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry frozen custard (which contains more eggs than ice cream), and is open daily from mid-February through mid-November. Carl Sponseller opened his frozen custard stand here in 1947 in a former gas station, then constructed this Art Moderne building and its neon sign in 1953. Carl’s recipe is still followed using the original 1940s Electro-Freeze ice cream machines. No drinks are served, but shakes and malts are available as well as cones. The fast-moving line sometimes snakes around the building. Family members still own the stand.