Built as a replica of the county’s 1750 Courthouse, the museum is located directly behind the historic 1917 courthouse. The Old Jail, adjacent to the museum, was built in 1892 and housed prisoners for 70 years. A Civil War Trails sign is located nearby which describes the April 1865 retreat from Petersburg through the county by Robert E. Lee’s Confederate Army. Tours of the Old Jail begin at the County Museum.
- Hours (General Information): 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tues. - Fri. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sat.
- Attraction Fee: $