Edgewood Yacht Club is an historic yacht club in Cranston, Rhode Island at 3 Shaw Avenue. The Edgewood Yacht Club was originally founded in 1889 and incorporated in 1902. Wikipedia Opened: 1908 Architectural style: Shingle style architecture In the uppermost portion of Narragansett Bay is the location for the Edgewood Yacht Club. The club was first organized in 1885 by a group of families who erected bath houses on the waterfront and called it the Edgewood Boat Club. The name of the club was later changed to Edgewood Yacht Club when an official club house was built in 1889. After a fire destroyed the original structure, the club was then rebuilt in 1908 as a large and magnificent shingle-sytle building sitting on 132 pilings over the water with a 2nd floor ballroom, water facing porches and a long dock that took members out to their slips. Over its lifetime, the club had withstood a number of hurricanes, in 1938 and the most serious in 1954. The '54 hurricane was most severe, causing substantial damage to pliings, docks, marina slips and flooding the entire first floor of the club. A plaque on the wall of the Darby Room (the members meeting space) hung for many years, marking the height of the waterline reached during this damaging event.