Eppington Plantation, built around 1770, was the home of Francis Eppes VI, who married the half-sister of Thomas Jefferson’s wife. Jefferson admired the plantation on the Appomattox River and visited often. Together, the Foundation and the Parks and Recreation Department manage about 400 acres of the original plantation, to develop plans and interpret the site. Restoration of the house has begun and while it is not open to the public on a regular basis, except on a one time basis in the fall of each year (Eppington Day), it may be seen by appointment by calling the Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department at 804-741-4946. Open to small groups by reservation only.
- Hours (General Information): By appointment only
- Attraction Fee: $