< Back

Half Way House Restaurant

  • 10301 Jefferson Davis Highway Chesterfield, VA 23237
  • P. (804) 275-1760
  • Visit Website

One of Chesterfield County's earliest taverns, the Half Way House was constructed between 1815-1830. The tavern derived its name from its location halfway between Richmond and Petersburg. During the Civil War, the building served as a military hospital and medical supply depot. It also was used as the headquarters for Union Gen. Benjamin F. Butler during the Second Battle of Drewry’s Bluff in May of 1864. Union troops rallied here during the withdrawal to Bermuda Hundred following the Second Battle of Drewry’s Bluff.

General
Restaurant
General
  • Parking:
    • Free
    • Motorcoach
  • Motorcoach Group Friendly:
Restaurant
  • Lunch:
  • Dinner:
  • Restaurant Price Range: $$$
Facility Info
  • Number of Rooms 2