< Back

Hippodrome Theater & Taylor Mansion

The Hippodrome first opened in 1914 as a vaudeville and movie theater, in Jackson Ward while the Taylor Mansion next door, circa 1895, was home to a founder of an African-American owned bank. In 2010, the two buildings were converted into a new, live music and entertainment venue with a restaurant and retail and residential space.