The Jupiter Inlet Light is located in Jupiter, Florida, on the north side of the Jupiter Inlet. The site for the lighthouse was chosen in 1853. It is located between Cape Canaveral Light and Hillsboro Inlet Light. The lighthouse was designed by then Lieutenant George G. Meade of the Bureau of Topographical Engineers. The Jupiter Inlet silted shut in 1854, forcing all building supplies to be shipped in ... Historic 1860 Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse Tours, Five Thousand Years on the Loxahatchee history exhibit in restored WWII Naval building, educational programs & events, weddings, gift shop & snack shop.