< Back

Milbridge Historical Museum

he current display at the museum examines Genevieve (Jenny) Purington Cirone), whose father, John Purington, was keeper from 1916 to 1935, and grew up on Nash Island and later owned half of the island, as well as Big Nash Island. A facinating look into life on the island and Jenny's thriving sheep that still live on the island.