Concordville Inn Restaurant is a great place to each brunch or any other meal! CONCORDVILLE, a village with old stone houses, lies deep in a wood on a high ridge. The CONCORD MEETING HOUSE, in a group of old trees, dominates the scene; its outmoded carriage shed still stands. Overlooking Brandywine Val- ley, the meeting house commands one of the finest views in Delaware County. The meeting was established prior to 1686. The land for the meeting house, which was built in 1694, was leased to the trustees by John Mendenhall for "one pepper corn yearly forever." The British used the building as a base hospital after the Battle of Brandywine. The village took its name from Concord Township, largest in the county. Established in 1683, this township was named by the Quaker settlers in token of the harmonious relations existing among them. The feeling of concord was not, however, extended to their Indian neighbors, for in 1685 they petitioned the Penn government against the Indians "for ye Rapine and Destructions of Hoggs." South of the crossroad the road descends through rugged, rolling country, Brandywine Summit and other ridges rising L. After cross- ing a branch of Harvey Run, the road follows a ravine worn by the stream.