The Hoagland-Clark House, commonly known as the Clark House, is a remarkably intact Dutch vernacular farmhouse likely dating to the third quarter of the 18th century. From wills, it appears to have been built and owned by Abraham Hoagland, Sr., who conveyed it to his son Elbert in 1793. The Hoagland’s owned the property through much of the 19th century. The house’s current common name is associated with the Clark family, who owned the house from 1962 until approximately 1997. The Hoagland-Clark House is a 1 and ½ story frame structure. It has stone foundations, end wall chimneys, and a centrally located entrance door. Additions, including a lean- to kitchen, shed dormers and a front porch likely date to the 19th century. The exterior walls are now covered with wood shingles which were probably applied over original beaded clapboards. The interior contains many original elements including massive wood beams, a stone fireplace, historic wood floors, doors, and windows. The farmhouse sits on just over ½ acre of land. Although its agricultural context has been lost, the house is a historic landmark in the midst of a suburban development. Significantly, the developers of the surrounding development sought to preserve the building, even though they built many new houses on the farmland surrounding the property. This historic dwelling is a source of pride to the community, as it has been from the time of its construction.