< Back

South Hill Railroad Depot

The South Hill Railroad Depot is the Town’s birthplace. Originally built in the 1890s and rebuilt in 1924, the combined passenger and freight station fell into disrepair after closing in 1979; it was rescued and restored by the community between 1987 and 1990. Now home to the South Hill Chamber of Commerce, the South Hill Tourist Information Center, the South Hill Model Railroad Museum and the Virginia S. Evans Doll Museum. Open daily 9am - 4pm.