< Back

The Colonial Center

The Colonial Theatre built in 1925 by Gilbert A. Saunders, to house live performances, including vaudeville and music productions. It progressed with the times to show silent movies and modern motion pictures. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the Virginia Landmarks Register, the Colonial Center is preparing for a 2010 opening as a venue for the visual and performing arts, a community meeting room and the Town's Visitor Center.