Constructed in 1825 for John Walker, the Tavern served travelers along Mountain Road. It is architecturally notable for its hinged, swinging, two-segment partition that was used to enlarge an upstairs room to accommodate guests. From 1857 to 1941, Walkerton was the home of the Hopkins family. The Bowles family purchased the home in 1941 and sold it to S. Douglas Fleet in 1986. Mr. Fleet sold the property to Henrico County who opened it to the public in 2005. National Register Historic Site.