< Back

War of 1812 Fort Edgecomb

Fort Edgecomb (1808-1816) was a Second System coastal fortification built in 1808 just prior to the War of 1812 for the protection of Wiscasset Harbor. Except for a brief period during the Civil War the post was abandoned after 1816. Because it was abandoned while still a Second System fortification, the site still reflects that period of time and is now Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site.