RICHMOND REGION TOURISM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Interested in a fun and fascinating career that connects you with world-famous attractions, delicious dining and captivating history? Richmond Region Tourism is the ideal place for you.
Convention & Sports Services Manager
Richmond Region Tourism, the official destination marketing and tourism organization for the Richmond Region, seeks a Convention & Sports Services Manager who will work with assigned meetings and event professionals (clients) as well as RRT staff, local tourism, and business community members to strategically plan and provide service support to make assigned conventions, events, and sporting events successful and to maximize the economic impact for the Richmond region. The Manager must understand the amenities, attractions, service providers, venues, and other value added categories available for clients. He or she must be able to form and build mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external customers; use RRT’s customer relationship management (CRM) system for all communications and client/stakeholder interactions; serve as an effective liaison between clients, partners, and vendors; work with individuals with differing levels of professionalism/experience/personalities; and demonstrate strong customer service skills, including the ability to organize, problem-solve, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in a customer service or sales role. CMP and/or CSEE Certification is a plus, as is an understanding of housing service providers. Some travel is required, occasionally overnight, and candidates must be willing to work overtime (including weekends) as required.
Richmond Region Tourism welcomes all applicants for internships and believes they are important in preparing students for careers in the travel and tourism industry. Our internship program is geared toward:
- College juniors, seniors and graduate-level students working for earned academic credit
- Tourism, Parks & Recreation, Hospitality/Travel fields
- Communication and PR fields
The goal of Richmond Region Tourism's internship program is to apply classroom theories, concepts and prior experience in a practical professional environment. Interns will be given the opportunity to learn by working in and observing the hospitality industry and can expect to:
- Study, observe and participate in the policies and practices of the organization
- Attend board and staff meetings
- Gain overall understanding of the organization (daily operation) in all departments
- Gain skills in a face-to-face leadership setting
- Obtain the ability to plan and conduct appropriate hospitality activities for the organization
- Work closely with staff members responsible for various facets of the organization
- Visit other agencies and shadow the CEO and other department heads at meetings
Richmond Region Tourism generally accepts one or two new interns each summer. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. All intern hours must be performed during that time frame. To apply for an internship, please send your request via email to email@example.com or contact us for more information.