Richmond Region Tourism's National Travel & Tourism Week
National Travel and Tourism Week is America's annual salute to travel and tourism and serves to champion the power of the travel and tourism industry. In the Richmond Region tourism is a major economic driver where 7 million visitors spend more than $2 billion annually.
“As we’ve said many times before: tourism matters. Tourism bolsters the Region’s economy, generates jobs, and supports the places that make living in RVA wonderful,” said Richmond Region Tourism President and CEO Jack Berry. “The state of tourism in the Richmond Region is strong! This past year, our region has broken records in hotel stays and visitor spending. The RVA culinary scene, arts and outdoors are mentioned in every major travel, lifestyle and culinary media outlet.”
Check out pictures here from Richmond Region Tourism‘s 2017 National Travel & Tourism Week Awards Program at Doubletree by Hilton Richmond - Midlothian.
Congratulation’s again to our 2017 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
- Tourism Impact Award recognizing the individual or organization that has made long-term, significant contributions to the tourism industry over several years. This year’s award goes to Beth Weisbrod, Executive Director of the Virginia Capital Trail Foundation.
- The Chairman’s Award, selected for an organization that has made a significant contribution in the last year. This year’s winner led the Richmond Breweries United as president last year uniting the group to partner together with Richmond Region Tourism in the creation and launch of the Richmond Beer Trail.
- Sports Tourism Award (MVP): Dwight Johnson, SMG Richmond
- Dedicated Partner Award: Michael Simon, Michael Simon Photography
- Unsung Hero: Allen Rothert, City of Richmond
- Attraction Partner of the Year: The Valentine
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Quirk Hotel
- Restaurant Partners of the Year:
- HOUSEpitality Family
- Tourism Leadership Award:
- Garrett Hart, Chesterfield County
- Amy DuFour, Capital Ale House
- Rising Star Award:
- Danny Bonifas, Chesterfield County
- Justin Herbaugh, Greater Richmond Convention Center
- Customer Service Award: Stewart Evans, Omni Richmond Hotel
Thank You to Our Sponsors!