Celebrate Tourism in RVA!
Richmond Region Tourism's National Travel & Tourism Week
National Travel and Tourism Week is America's annual salute to tourism and serves to champion the power of the industry. In the Richmond Region, tourism is a major economic driver where 7 million visitors spend more than $2 billion annually.
Check out pictures here from Richmond Region Tourism‘s 2018 National Travel & Tourism Week Awards Program at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Congratulation’s again to our 2018 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
The Tourism Impact Award is the highest honor given each year. Receiving the prestigious 2018 Tourism Impact Award will be the Chief of Police and Fire Chief of the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico and the City of Richmond. We thank them for their leadership and dedication in ensuring the protection and safety of the Region’s tourism assets, visitors and residents. Additional award winners will be announced at the event.
- Chairman’s Award: Virginia Film Office
- Sports Tourism Award (MVP): VCU Center for Sport Leadership
- Dedicated Partner Award: Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Unsung Hero:
- Dan Schmitt, president of RMC Events
- Nancy Thomas, president and CEO of the Retail Merchants
- Attraction Partner of the Year: Science Museum of Virginia
- Hotel Partner of the Year:
- Linden Row Inn
- DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond – Midlothian
- Restaurant Partners of the Year:
- Rappahannock River Oyster Company
- Buz and Ned’s Real Barbeque
- Tourism Leadership Award: John Cario, Area Vice President and General Manager, of the Hilton Richmond Downtown
- Rising Star Award:
- Jason Schilling, Sports Tourism Coordinator for Henrico County
- Joey Darragh and Tony Giordano Co-Founders of Väsen Brewing Company
- Customer Service Award:
- Tamas Steindl, Delta by Marriott Richmond Downtown hotel
- Banika Jefferson-Reed, Linden Row Inn
Thank you to our sponsors!
Audio Visual Sponsor