NATIONAL TRAVEL AND TOURISM WEEK
National Travel and Tourism Week is America's annual salute to travel and tourism and serves to champion the power of the travel and tourism industry. In the Richmond Region tourism is a major economic driver where 7 million visitors spend more than $2 billion annually.
“As we’ve said many times before: tourism matters. Tourism bolsters the Region’s economy, generates jobs, and supports the places that make living in RVA wonderful,” said Richmond Region Tourism President and CEO Jack Berry. “The state of tourism in the Richmond Region is strong! This past year, our region has broken records in hotel stays and visitor spending. The RVA culinary scene, arts and outdoors are mentioned in every major travel, lifestyle and culinary media outlet.”
Check out pictures HERE from Richmond Region Tourism‘s 2016 National Travel & Tourism Week Awards Program and Event at Virginia Historical Society.
Congratulation’s again to our 2016 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
- Tourism Impact Award recognizing the individual(s) or organization that has made long-term, significant contributions to the tourism industry over several years. This year’s award went to five recipients that played a major role in making the UCI Road World Cycling Championships a huge success.
- U.S. Senator Mark R. Warner, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Thomas F. Farrell II, president and CEO, Dominion Resources, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Wilson Flohr, CEO, Richmond 2015
- The Chairman’s Award selected by the Chairman of the Board for tremendous leadership in supporting and promoting Richmond Region tourism: Jay Stegmaier, Chesterfield County Administrator
- Dedicated Partner Award: Center of the Universe Brewing Company
- Sports Tourism Award (MVP): Mike Golden, former Director of Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation
- Attraction Partner of the Year: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Hilton Richmond Downtown
- Restaurant Partners of the Year:
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Tourism Leadership Award: Jim Perdue, Assistant Director of Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation
- Rising Star Award: Adrian Fleming, HYATT House Richmond West
- Customer Service Award: Bobby Cicconi, Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Audio Visual Sponsor