Celebrate Tourism and the Arts in RVA!
Richmond Region Tourism's National Travel & Tourism Week
The Richmond Region’s art scene breaks the mold. And visitors are taking notice. Creativity comes off the page in the form of street art and performance pieces. This year, the arts will draw even more global attention with the highly anticipated opening of the Institute for Contemporary Art at VCU. Join us for a tribute to the Arts in RVA as we kick off tourism week.
Learn about global tourism trends from industry leader Don Welsh. As Executive Director and CEO of Destination Marketing Association International, Don Welsh offers a wealth of knowledge to anyone in or involved with the tourism industry. A seasoned tourism executive with more than 35 years of experience, he leads the organization’s efforts to advocate for the professionalism, effectiveness, and significance of destination marketing organizations worldwide. His innovative thinking can spark your next great idea.
At the National Travel & Tourism Week Awards we will build on the momentum of last year's tourism successes and acclaim RVA's most dedicated tourism partners with the annual I Am Tourism Awards. Receiving the prestigious 2017 Tourism Impact Award will be presented to Beth Weisbrod, Executive Director of the Virginia Capital Trail. Additional award winners will be announced at the event.
Don’t miss our organization’s premier annual event. Reserve your spot today!
Doubletree by Hilton Richmond - Midlothian
Wednesday, May 3
7:15 a.m. - Registration, Networking and Breakfast
8 a.m. - Program Begins
10 a.m. – Program Concludes
Table Sponsor Registration Here!
$600 table sponsorship (set for 8) includes breakfast
*As a table sponsor, you will be given the opportunity to donate 2 seats to an award winner.
Individual Registration Here!
$50 registration includes breakfast
Registration at the door: $55
Registration closes April 28th.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Congratulation’s again to our 2016 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
- Tourism Impact Award recognizing the individual(s) or organization that has made long-term, significant contributions to the tourism industry over several years. This year’s award went to five recipients that played a major role in making the UCI Road World Cycling Championships a huge success.
- U.S. Senator Mark R. Warner, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Thomas F. Farrell II, president and CEO, Dominion Resources, Richmond 2015 Board Co-chairman
- Wilson Flohr, CEO, Richmond 2015
- The Chairman’s Award selected by the Chairman of the Board for tremendous leadership in supporting and promoting Richmond Region tourism: Jay Stegmaier, Chesterfield County Administrator
- Dedicated Partner Award: Center of the Universe Brewing Company
- Sports Tourism Award (MVP): Mike Golden, former Director of Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation
- Attraction Partner of the Year: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Hilton Richmond Downtown
- Restaurant Partners of the Year:
- Maggiano’s Little Italy
- Tourism Leadership Award: Jim Perdue, Assistant Director of Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation
- Rising Star Award: Adrian Fleming, HYATT House Richmond West
- Customer Service Award: Bobby Cicconi, Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond