Celebrate Tourism in RVA!
Richmond Region Tourism's National Travel & Tourism Week
National Travel and Tourism Week is America's annual salute to tourism and serves to champion the power of the industry. In the Richmond Region, tourism is a major economic driver where 7 million visitors spend more than $2 billion annually.
Please join us to celebrate as we build on the momentum of last year's successes and acclaim with RVA's most dedicated tourism partners and professionals at the 2018 Tourism Awards.
The Tourism Impact Award is the highest honor given each year. Receiving the prestigious 2018 Tourism Impact Award will be the Chief of Police and Fire Chief of the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico and the City of Richmond. We thank them for their leadership and dedication in ensuring the protection and safety of the Region’s tourism assets, visitors and residents. Additional award winners will be announced at the event.
Learn how you can become an RVA Champion
We will launch the revised RVA Champions (Link: https://www.visitrichmondva.com/partners/get-involved/rva-champions/) program, designed to recognize local citizens who help bring meetings, events, conventions and tournaments to the Richmond Region.
Don’t miss our organization’s premier annual event. Reserve your spot today!
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
Thursday, May 10
7:45 a.m. - Registration
8:15 a.m. - Program and Breakfast Begin
9:45 a.m. – Program Concludes
Table Sponsor Registration Here!
$800 table sponsorship (set for 10) includes breakfast
*As a table sponsor, you will be given the opportunity to donate 2 seats to an award winner.
Individual Registration Here! Registration closes May 7th.
$50 registration includes breakfast
Registration at the door: $60
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unless you are with a sponsor table, this is an OPEN SEATING event.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Audio Visual Sponsor
Congratulation’s again to our 2017 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
- Tourism Impact Award recognizing the individual or organization that has made long-term, significant contributions to the tourism industry over several years. This year’s award goes to Beth Weisbrod, Executive Director of the Virginia Capital Trail Foundation.
- The Chairman’s Award, selected for an organization that has made a significant contribution in the last year. This year’s winner led the Richmond Breweries United as president last year uniting the group to partner together with Richmond Region Tourism in the creation and launch of the Richmond Beer Trail.
- Sports Tourism Award (MVP): Dwight Johnson, SMG Richmond
- Dedicated Partner Award: Michael Simon, Michael Simon Photography
- Unsung Hero: Allen Rothert, City of Richmond
- Attraction Partner of the Year: The Valentine
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Quirk Hotel
- Restaurant Partners of the Year:
- HOUSEpitality Family
- Tourism Leadership Award:
- Garrett Hart, Chesterfield County
- Amy DuFour, Capital Ale House
- Rising Star Award:
- Danny Bonifas, Chesterfield County
- Justin Herbaugh, Greater Richmond Convention Center
- Customer Service Award: Stewart Evans, Omni Richmond Hotel
Check out pictures here from Richmond Region Tourism‘s 2017 National Travel & Tourism Week Awards Program at Doubletree by Hilton Richmond - Midlothian.