Tourism Matters in RVA!
Richmond Region Tourism's National Travel & Tourism Week
National Travel and Tourism Week is America's annual salute to tourism and serves to champion the power of the industry. In the Richmond Region, tourism is a major economic driver where 7 million visitors spend more than $2.4 billion annually.
Check out pictures HERE from Richmond Region Tourism‘s 2019 National Travel & Tourism Week Awards Program at the Dewey Gottwald Center.
Congratulation’s again to our 2019 I Am Tourism Award Recipients:
- The Tourism Impact Award is the highest honor given each year. Receiving the prestigious 2019 Tourism Impact Award is Capital Region Airport Commission's President and CEO, Jon E. Mathiasen. Jon’s work as a regional collaborator and his assistance in increasing tourism transportation options by making the Richmond Region more accessible via air travel are reasons he is receiving the 2019 Chairman’s award.
- Chairman’s Award: Kings Dominion
- Sports Tourism Award: The 288 Group
- Dedicated Partner Award: PSAV
- Unsung Hero: Jeff Rogers, Chesterfield County Parks & Recreation
- Tourism Event of the Year: Dominion Energy Riverrock
- Attraction Partner of the Year: Blue Bee Cider
- Hotel Partner of the Year: Homewood Suites by Hilton Richmond - Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond - Downtown
- Restaurant Partners of the Year: Kabana
- Tourism Leadership Award:
- Dale Wheary, Maymont
- Jonah Holland, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden
- Rising Star Award: Seth M. Goulston, The Jefferson Hotel
- Customer Service Award: Jeanie Walton, Delta Hotels by Marriott Richmond Downtown
Thank you to our table sponsors!
Capital Region Airport Commission
Departure Media and SIR
Greater Richmond Convention Center
Retail Merchants and Virginia Restaurant, Lodging & Travel Association
Richmond Flying Squirrels
Richmond Marriott Hotel
SMI Hotel Group
Thank you to our sponsors!
Hosted By Host Sponsor
Audio Visual Sponsor