TOURISM 101: 10 WAYS TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS TO VISITORS
This is your guide for getting started with Richmond Region Tourism. Below are 10 to-dos (+ 1 extra credit!) that will help you better promote your business to Richmond's visitors!
1. Get listed on our website. More than 62,000 potential visitors plan their trip on VisitRichmondVa.com every month. Access to your organization's listing on our site allows you to manage how you would like to promote your business. Create a listing that enhances the good and service you offer to the Region. YOU are in control of your own listing, events and special offers. Contact Sarah Hunter for a partner login to update your listing our consumer website.
2. Upload discounts and deals. Travelers are driven by value. Entice them with yours! Coupons and deals will be featured here. To access Richmond Region Connect, go to our login page. If you have any questions, check out our tutorial.
3. Put your brochure in the Richmond Region Visitor Centers. Reach travelers looking for information at our three Visitor Centers and Mobile Visitor Center. Each year over 42,000 visit to learn more about what to see and do in the Richmond Region. Contact Toni Bastian to get started.
4. Attend I am Tourism Ambassador Training, a FREE program offered by Richmond Region Tourism, designed to enhance the visitor experience by educating the Richmond Region's hospitality industry. Participants will become more knowledgeable about the Region's assets through both the program's classroom component and familiarization tour.
5. Utilize our marketing opportunities! Promote your business with advertising or discounts. For more information, contact Tamera Harris.
6. Attend the events that Richmond Region Tourism has to offer, including Mix It Up, hotel Director of Sales, and Attractions meetings. For a full listing of events, check out our events calendar.
8. Extra Credit: Become Virginia Green. Virginia Green promotes practical pollution prevention techniques in all sectors of Virginia's tourism industry and promotes green businesses to travelers.
9. Find out more about the Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC), who provides more information for Virginia's Travel Industry.
We know you will pass our course with flying colors! If you need any assistance, please contact us.