Employment opportunities at Richmond Region Tourism
Be a part of the team that drives tourism
Interested in a fun and fascinating career that connects you with world-famous attractions, delicious dining and captivating history? Richmond Region Tourism is the ideal place for you. Bookmark this page and check it regularly for openings!
Our organization is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Destination Services Intern
The Destination Services Intern is part of Richmond Region Tourism’s Visitor Experience (VE) team, working under the supervision of the Destination Services Manager, as well as working with all other VE professional staff, clients, and visitors.
The Destination Services Intern assists with the day-to-day planning and implementation of multiple assigned conventions, meetings, and brand outreach. The successful candidate will gain experience in planning and coordinating logistics, conference implementation, communications, teamwork, and customer service. This position is based in the Richmond Region Tourism office and is integral to the leadership, support, and coordination of destination services and visitor engagement. Listed below are four categories and learning outcomes students will experience during their time with the Visitor Experience team.
• Become familiar with and execute event design principles including production, programming, marketing, sales, sponsorship, and executive functions.
• Learn to identify event goals and successful event outcomes.
• Shadow destination services manager throughout event timeline from pre-planning process to on-site activations.
• Be creative in promoting authentic experiences to convention goers and visitors alike.
• Be professional with internal department staff, visitors, clients, and stakeholders including front desk professionals, hotel general managers, elected officials, and business owners.
• Meet deadlines and provide timely updates on assigned projects.
• Assist with all aspects of the visitor engagement including scheduling, stocking, and setup of information tables at special events throughout Central Virginia.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all written and verbal communications.
• Complete the full destination servicing cycle.
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving:
• Complete tasks independently.
• Develop confidence with decision making and problem solving.
• Demonstrate decision making skills.
• Assist destination services team to create and deliver promised outcomes.
• Assist visitor center team to engage with visitors.
• Design and plan internal events.
• Database management.
• Fully participate during department and organizational meetings.
• Attend various events on behalf of Richmond Region Tourism.
• Interact and effectively communicate with clients, stakeholders, and visitors.
• Strong written and verbal communicator.
• Able to organize and prioritize tasks and work with different personalities.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines.
• Confidently share creative ideas and perspectives.
• Inclusive and equitable in word and action.
Pay rate: $15/hour, minimum 20-hours/week.
Other information: Work miles reimbursed, February through May 2024, must own laptop that will be used for work purposes – Office 365 account will be provided – must have ability to lift 50+lbs, will be required to drive own vehicle on occasion as well as company vehicles therefore driving record will be checked, as well as a confirmation of personal automobile insurance.
Questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org