Employment opportunities at Richmond Region Tourism
Be a part of the team that drives tourism
Interested in a fun and fascinating career that connects you with world-famous attractions, delicious dining and captivating history? Richmond Region Tourism is the ideal place for you. Bookmark this page and check it regularly for openings!
Our organization is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Richmond Region Tourism interns
Richmond Region Tourism seeks an intern to assist all departments: Administration, Community Relations, Marketing, Convention Sales & Services, and Visitor Centers. Ideal candidate must have strong computer skills and be willing to work independently. Hours may vary and may include weekend event support for Convention Services. Familiarity with Richmond region attractions, restaurants and other tourist attractions is a plus. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our internship program is geared toward:
- College juniors, seniors and graduate-level students working for earned academic credit
- Tourism, Parks & Recreation, Hospitality/Travel fields
- Communication and PR fields
- Create and edit spreadsheets in Excel. Work with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Assist staff with research, marketing initiatives and social media updates
- Stay informed of Richmond Region events, new attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to work with a team of professionals
- Design invitations, help update brochures and online guides
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills, as well as great organizational skills
- Maintain polite, helpful relations with the general public at all times
- Update RRT Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system as needed
- Set up/break down information booths for events
To apply for an internship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.