Employment opportunities at Richmond Region Tourism
Be a part of the team that drives tourism
Interested in a fun and fascinating career that connects you with world-famous attractions, delicious dining and captivating history? Richmond Region Tourism is the ideal place for you. Bookmark this page and check it regularly for openings!
Our organization is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Director of Finance
Richmond Region Tourism (RRT) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as the new Director of Finance to provide strategic expertise and financial leadership.
Richmond Region Tourism is a not-for-profit, sales and marketing organization located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. As the Region’s destination organization, we are experts who have a deep love for the community in which we live, work, and play. We enrich the lives of our residents and visitors by sharing the unique culture and humanity that is the Richmond Region. We generate economic prosperity through tourism by attracting conventions, meetings, sports tournaments, and visitors and ensuring that all have an unforgettable experience. We enhance the quality of life for the people in our community by supporting the places that make the Richmond Region wonderful. For more information on Richmond Region Tourism visit our website at www.VisitRichmondVA.com.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the financial activities of Richmond Region Tourism. The Director will employ a thorough knowledge of public finance, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and will ensure the responsible fiscal stewardship of the organization. This position will be report to the Vice President of Administration and will have one direct report. If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity, please use this link to apply by March 13, 2023.
VISITOR EXPERIENCE INTERN
The Visitor Experience Intern is part of Richmond Region Tourism’s Visitor Experience (VE) team during the spring and summer months, working under the supervision of the Senior Convention Services and Visitor Center/Group Tour Managers, as well as working with all other VE professional staff, clients, and visitors.
The Visitor Experience Intern assists with the day-to-day planning and implementation of multiple assigned conventions, meetings, and brand outreach. The successful candidate will gain experience in planning and coordinating logistics, budget and contract management, conference implementation, communications, teamwork, and customer service. This position is based in the Richmond Region Tourism office and is integral to the leadership, support, and coordination of convention services and visitor engagement. Listed below are four categories and learning outcomes students will experience during their time with the Visitor Experience team.
• Become familiar with and execute event design principles including production, programming, marketing, sales, sponsorship, and executive functions.
• Learn to identify event goals and successful event outcomes.
• Create and deliver custom convention services that deliver value to the client and the participant.
• Create compelling stories around servicing conventions, meetings, and visitor engagement.
• Utilize database(s) to learn destination sales, services, and visitor engagement.
• Professional communication with internal department staff, visitors, clients, and stakeholders including front desk professionals, hotel general managers, elected officials, and business owners.
• Assist with all aspects of the visitor engagement including scheduling, stocking, and staffing the Mobile Visitor Center at special events throughout Central Virginia.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all written and verbal communications.
• Complete the full convention servicing cycle.
Critical Thinking/Problem Solving:
• Complete tasks independently.
• Develop confidence with decision making and problem solving.
• Demonstrate decision making skills.
• Assist convention services team to create and deliver promised outcomes.
• Assist visitor center team to engage with visitors.
• Design and plan internal events.
• Database management.
• Fully participate during department and organizational meetings.
• Attend various events on behalf of Richmond Region Tourism.
• Interact and effectively communicate with clients, stakeholders, and visitors.
• Strong written and verbal communicator.
• Able to organize and prioritize tasks and personalities.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, handling multiple deadlines.
• Confidently share creative ideas and perspectives.
• Inclusive and equitable in word and action.
Pay rate: $15/hour, minimum 20-hours/week.
Other information: Mileage reimbursed, May through August 2023, must own laptop that can be used for work purposes – Office 365 account will be provided – must have ability to lift 50+lbs, will be responsible for driving company vehicles – driving record to be checked.
OTHER INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Work with tourism and hospitality teams specializing in:
• Community Relations (BLK RVA, OutRVA)
• Communications, Writing, Content, Graphics
• Visitor Experience, Visitor Centers, Services for Groups and Events
• Shadow team members, work with Administration and HR
• Learn all aspects about Richmond Region Tourism
Apply Today: firstname.lastname@example.org