I Am Tourism Ambassador Program
Want to help more and more visitors discover our wonderful region? The I Am Tourism ambassador program can help you do it. This program from Richmond Region Tourism provides free training for those who would like to serve as ambassadors of our region. To learn more, watch the IAT informational video, which features a number of our region’s Ambassadors, or email Deanne Ralston, Community Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
I Am Tourism workshops:
- Help participants learn what’s in their own backyard and also gain a visitor’s perspective of our region and knowledge of our many tourism products and offerings.
- Each in-person workshop includes a two-hour classroom session including exclusive virtual video tours led by Bill Martin, Executive Director of The Valentine.
- Prepares attendees to represent the Richmond Region at special events and in our communities every day!
- Upon completion of the workshop, attendees receive a certificate of completion, an I Am Tourism lapel pin, and a regional attractions guest pass to experience first-hand the many offerings of our vibrant region.
The I Am Tourism Ambassador Program will:
- Meet industry demand by offering frequent workshops.
- Continue engagement by staying in touch with our graduates through Ambassador-specific updates and communications.
- Offer volunteer opportunities that give Ambassadors the chance to serve as the faces of the region.
- Connect with the business community by offering business-focused I Am Tourism workshops. IAT graduates are eligible to participate in the 6-week Ambassador Academy presented in partnership with The Valentine. To learn more about the IAT Ambassador Academy, click HERE.
Upcoming I Am Tourism workshops
Registration is now open for:
Thursday, February 22, 2024 (In-person class)
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM at the Hull Street campus of Bryant & Stratton College
This in-person class includes a 90-minute classroom presentation at Bryant & Stratton Campus located at 8213 Hull Street Rd, Richmond VA, 23235, with a 90-minute guided bus tour of the Richmond Region, led by Bill Martin, Executive Director of the Valentine.
Questions? Call Deanne Ralston, Community Relations Coordinator at 804-783-7442, or email email@example.com.
Each class is limited to four people per organization. Cancellations must be made at least one working day prior to the event. Call 804-783-7442 to cancel; emailed cancellations will not be accepted. Substitutions may be made at any time.
We are able to enhance the program because of the generous support of our presenting sponsors:
We are able to provide the program because of the generous support of our host sponsors: