Dabbs House MuseumVisit Website
This house served as General Robert E. Lee's field headquarters during the summer of 1862. Built in the 1820's, the original two-room dwelling was known as High Meadow. In 1859, Josiah Dabbs moved to the property with his wife Mary Catherine. General Lee and his staff received permission from Mrs. Dabbs to use her then vacant home as his new field quarters in June 1862. In 1883, Henrico County purchased the property to use as an almshouse for the poor. Today the site is a Visitor Information Center that offers tours of the home and information on Henrico County and area history. Hours of operation: Mon-Fri, 9-5pm, by appointment.
- Attraction Fee: Free