Fort Clifton ParkVisit Website
Fort Clifton Park consists of 24 acres overlooking the Appomattox River. Earthworks criss-cross the Park as the site of Fort Clifton where five Union ships sailed Confederate Troops on June 11, 1864. The Confederate Battery, with cannon emplacements, remained in Confederate hands as the cannons drove the Union attackers away. The park has hiking trails and Civil War campaign signage on site. Fort Clifton has one rentable pavilion that can accommodate up to 60 people as well as one individual picnic shelter.