The Chesterfield County Courthouse Green is a Virginia Historic Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The area has served as the seat of local government since 1749 other than during brief time when Manchester was home to the court. The Historic 1917 Courthouse, which currently stands on the site of the original 1749 Courthouse, served as the county’s Circuit Court until the late 1960’s when a new courthouse was built. Constructed of American bond brick in the Colonial Revival style, the structure is adorned with a Roman Doric portico and domed octagonal belfry. The bell was reinstalled from the original 1749 Courthouse.
- Attraction Fee: Free