St. John’s Church, the site of Patrick Henry’s impassioned oratory “give me liberty or give me death” is one of the oldest wooden churches (1741) in Virginia and remains an active congregation. See reenactments of the 1775 debate among 9 of the Founding Fathers on summer Sundays between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Check website for tickets, dates and times.
Safety and Social Protocols
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Hand Wash/Sanitizer Stations:
- Limited Elevator Occupancy:
- Mobile Payments Accepted:
- No Contact Services:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Health Related Staff Training:
- Health Screening Required-Staff:
- Masks Provided:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Attraction Fee: $10 Adults Senior and Military discounts Group Rates (20 or more)
- Attraction Hours: We are open Friday - Monday only.
- Distance to Airport: 20 minutes
- Handicapped Accessible:
- Hours (General Information): Guided church tours Friday - Monday. 10:00 - 4:00 PM Friday, Saturday and Monday. 12:00 -4 p.m. Sunday.
- Motorcoach Group Friendly:
- Parking Fee Information: Ample free street parking
- Accessible Washrooms:
- Designated Entrance